Welcome

Welcome to Becky's Place.
A place to share my love of Quilting, Knitting, Family History/Genealogy, Books or what's happening in our lives.
Come often for a visit.

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Wool Clogs

I was shopping at a yarn shop a few months ago and spotted some clogs. They were knit with wool yarn and very tough. I thought, boy, I sure would like a pair of these, so purchased what was needed. In preparation for a knitting retreat in October, I got busy making my clogs a few days before just in case I might need some help. I started knitting and found these slippers were huge and didn't look too promising. They didn't look like much once they were knit either. I had received some advise at the knitting retreat and hoped that what they told me was true. Once they are felted they will look great. I kept hoping. Well, last night, I put them in the wash, followed the instructions and like magic - here they are. Before and After.





I liked Ruthi's story. She has knit these clogs for gifts. She watches as they open their gift and waits to see how diplomatic they can be. Then she tells them how to felt them to fit their feet.

1 comment:

  1. The wool clogs look cool. Hope that you are having a great day!

    ReplyDelete